Shout about others that have crossed our path...
Sometimes you come across better than good, brilliant, or pure genius and you have to share it with someone. Where relevant to the site, accommodation links on Knoydart, boat hires and accommodation; you'll find them on our site pages. This page we threw together to shout about others who have crossed our paths!
FORGE BANNER LINK?
If you like our site and want to link to us please feel free to to copy and paste this banner to add to your site. if you want a reciprocal link just drop us an email with your details.
- WESTERN ISLES - Take the traditional scottish boat from Mallaig to Knoydart with her lovely skipper Tony Macrae. Book your ferry with Western Isles or with us at The Old Forge. https://westernislescruises.co.uk/ tel : +44 1687 462233
- ARTIST - COLIN WOOLF - beautiful sketches and paintings of Knoydart wildlife, sea eagles, birds and landscape www.wildart.co.uk
- KNOYDART PORTRAIT COMMISSIONS http://www.isabelsportraits.co.uk
- Genius photographer Gerry McCann who took the majority of our site pictures and who sums up the moment with a click of his Lyca. War hotography, wedding photography (no lineups white kilt socks or shortbread) he did our wedding. We were married in wellies escorted by the lifeboat and ceilidhed for a week! www.gerrymccann.com This guys relationship with his camera is UNBELIEVABLE!!
- BRAMBLEJAM (our web designer) is a multimedia solutions company, providing professional web design and interactive media services throughout The Highlands of Scotland and beyond. They offer a wide range of web services including:- website design and hosting, content management systems, e-business solutions, internet marketing, CD ROM and DVD authoring, video production and new media. 0800 4488072 or 07771 603755 email: email@example.com or visit www.bramblejam.com A HUGE thankyou to Kenny and his team for putting our vision onto the web!
- TRAVEL GUIDE ONLINE - www.scotland-info.co.uk Internet guide to scotland. Largely based on Joanne Mackenzie-Winters' personal travels, this site is now recommended by books including Lonely Planet guidebook for Scotland and 'The Rough Guide to Scotland'.
- ACCOMMODATION IN SCOTLAND - Visit www.e-selfcatering.com
- WESTERN ISLES - Take the traditional scottish boat from Mallaig to Knoydart with the skipper Tony Macrae https://westernislescruises.co.uk/ tel : +44 1687 462233
- FELL RUNNING - www.gofar.org.uk includes Knoydart 7 - read about ultra distance challenges - Digby Harris completed a solo 7 munro Knoydart, unsupported challenge in 15 hours and 34 miles covering 39 miles ascending some 17,000 feet. A site that stretches the legs and mind!
- ROCKHOPPER SEA KAYAK AND CANOE HIRE AND INSTRUCTION www.rockhopperscotland.co.uk
- SEA KAYAK HIGHLANDS http://www.seakayakhighlands.co.uk
- CANOE/SEA KAYAK/ MOUNTAINEERING/SUMMER WALKS/GUIDED TRIPS IN AND AROUND KNOYDART firstname.lastname@example.org Mountain And Sea Guides, is based in Applecross running all year round adventure activity. Do something Unique with your free time ~ Get fit, get paddling or climbing, join one of our groups and make the most of your outdoor experiences. Also check out their annual kayak and canoe kit sale, brand new state of the art kit sales one seasons use only upgrade every season for less! Mountain and Sea Guides, 2 Craite Barn, Strathcarron, Applecross, Wester Ross IV54 8LN Telephone 01520 744394
- SAILING – www.skyeyachts.co.uk let Charmaine and Mark Entwhistle look after your yachting holiday charter requirements – a stones throw from Knoydart based in Ardvaasar in Skye
- SAILING ONLINE CLUB www.yotlinx.net online club for Yact Sailors -YotLinx is a service for sailors which allows them to take advantage of other sailors' events, and to create their own sailing events.
- MUSIC Feisean website www.feisean.org (supporting community based gaelic events and festivals).
- SINGER SONGWRITER - Jim Hunter our favourite guitar player and drinker of Tanqueray!! "Thanks Jim", says Jackie! www.jimhunter.org
- ROAD TO THE ISLES WEBSITE - Click onto http://www.road-to-the-isles.org.uk for the latest news from Westword mallaig, Arisaig, Knoydart and the surrounding isles.
- ARISAIG HOUSE : Dinner Bed & Breakfast, exlusive use and self catering in luxourious 4 star rooms in Arisaig House http://www.arisaighouse.co.uk/ tel: 01687 450730
- SKYE FERRY - the only way to enjoy the romance of the original ferry crossing via the Kylerhea Narrows www.skyeferry.com
- KNOYDART POTTERY hand made, fired and painted individually crafted pottery pieces and gifts, by sisters Isla and Rona Miller t: 01687 460229.
- KNOYDART FOUNDATION http://www.knoydart-foundation.com The Knoydart Foundation website is a comprehensive dedicated to promoting Knoydart and exciting projects being undertaken locally at the present.
- ANDY RACE FISH MERCHANTS and online mail order Mallaig www.andyrace.co.uk
- OCUK (Outdoor Capital website) - http://www.outdoorcapital.co.uk a one stop shop website to help you plan your trip in the Lochaber area.
- COFFEE STOP IN ARISAIG - Cafe Rhu in Arisaig is one of those little gems that you should not pass by. Heading for Fort William, swing in by for a real shot of caffeine and a great bite to eat. Say Hi to Horno from us! www.caferhu.com
- ARISAIG MARINE – A great new café has opened p here in Arisiag down on the waterfront also selling fresh ground espresso, tasty food and it has 60 swinging moorings! www.arisaig.co.uk
- MALLAIG STOPOVERS - WEST HIGHLAND HOTEL www.westhighlandhotel.co.uk
- WESTERN ISLES GUESTHOUSE MALLAIG – Jeannette and Bruce Watt (Our local ferry operators who run the local ferry also do an excellent B and B in Mallaig tel 01687 462320
- MALLAIG BACKPACKERS ALSO DOUBLES AS THE TEA GARDEN Tel Sheena or Norman on 01687 462764
- BOAT OPERATORS are listed directly on our GET HERE page and KNOYDART ACCOM PROVIDERS under ACCOMMODATION on our website pages to help you plan your stay